In this paper, you’ll learn the minimum number of Git commands that you need to know in order to start being productive and get the code from your machine to the Git server. Also, you’ll learn the basic theory and how to install Git (see this article for a basic Git workflow).
If you are currently in Stats with R, or just find yourself wanting to play with some R packages. Below are some commands to install the required Packages for Stats with R. This guide is intended for students using the C-208 Computers and logging into their CS accounts on the Ubuntu side.
Once you are logged in do the following:
1. Run R (Search “R” in the finder menu)
2. Install Packages (Rfit, npsm, UsingR, devtools, hbrfit, and npsm reg2.
NOTE: Please install these in order.
install.packages("Rfit") Continue reading
Things You Might Want To Do
We are advising you to make some changes to your account that will allow you to:
- Use your account as a remote git repository
- Use scp to transfer files between computers
- Send commands as arguments when invoking ssh